We offer comprehensive tax services, including preparation, planning, and representation services. With over 30 years of experience providing tax services, we are highly regarded by peers and clients in the areas of international taxation, business restructuring, and gift and estate taxes.
- We prepare income tax returns for all business entities, including returns of multi-national and multi-state corporations. Among our clients are the U.S. subsidiaries of several overseas publicly traded companies and foreign corporations conducting business in the U.S.
- We prepare individual income tax returns. A considerable number of our clients are business owners and investors with high net worth and high income. We also prepare non-resident individual returns for a number of foreign investors and executives who have significant investments in the U.S.
- We prepare gift and estate tax returns for U.S. citizens and nonresident aliens, as well as related fiduciary income tax returns for estates and trusts.
- We provide overall tax planning to minimize the tax burden of our closely-held business clients, their owners, and their families. We also assist clients with transferring their net worth to the next generation by delivering gift and estate tax planning services.
- We believe tax planning is an on-going endeavor. We meet with our clients periodically to keep informed of their business operating environment and plans and updated our clients of the latest legislative and administrative changes in tax and employment law.
- We provide transactional tax planning services for business acquisitions and dispositions, real estate transactions, corporate mergers and restructuring, and foreign corporations doing business in the U.S.
- We assist our clients in identifying and implementing the most tax advantageous structure for their businesses, setting up the structure and applying all the necessary registrations and licenses.
Uncertain tax positions and tax accrual studies
- We assist our corporate clients in assessing uncertain tax positions and draft disclosure as required under U.S. GAAP.
- We assist clients with complicated corporate and tax issues, including preparation of tax accruals analysis, and determination of uncertain tax positions.
- We are also frequently engaged by near IPO companies to assist them to prepare the tax accrual workpapers for audits by their independent auditors, usually a Big Four or national auditing firm.
- We represent our clients before federal and state tax authorities for different tax matters, including income, franchise, and estate taxes. In cases where we do not reach resolution with the field auditors, we expand our representation to include appearances before the Appeals Division of both the Internal Revenue Service and the State Tax Appeal Boards for income and franchise tax cases.
- We also represent clients before state and local tax authorities for property, payroll, sales and other local business tax matters in view of increasingly aggressive state and local tax agencies.